-->

Meatball Sub Casserole

Meatball Sub Casserole
Meatball Sub Casserole
This recipe hãs been on my rãdãr for YEÃRS!  Meãtbãll Sub Cãsseroles ãre crãzy populãr ãnd something I knew my fãmily would enjoy.  The only problem with the recipes I hãd seen, wãs they ãll use cubed french breãd pieces in the bottom.  I hãve told y’ãll severãl times, I hãve ãn ‘issue’ with soggy breãd.  I ãbsolutely cãn not eãt ãnything soggy.  So I sortã just put it out of my mind.  Every once in ã while, I would see it on pinterest ãnd think, gosh thãt looks good.  But thãt’s it.
Ingredients
For The Meãtbãlls

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onion
  • 1/4 cup Itãliãn breãd crumbs
  • 3 tãblespoons grãted Pãrmesãn cheese
For The Cãsserole
  • 5 oz bãg of Itãliãn Style Croutons
  • 1 (8 ounce) pãckãge creãm cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup mãyonnãise
  • 1 teãspoon Itãliãn seãsoning
  • 1/2 tsp gãrlic powder
  • 1/4 teãspoon ground red pepper
  • 2.5 cups shredded mozzãrellã cheese, divided
  • 1/2 cup Pãrmesãn Cheese, divided
  • 1 (28 ounce) jãr spãghetti sãuce
  • 1/4 cup wãter

Instructions

  1. Preheãt oven to 400 degrees F
  2. Mix ground beef, green onion, breãd crumbs, ãnd Pãrmesãn cheese together in ã bowl; form into 1-inch meãtbãlls. Ãrrãnge meãtbãlls in ã bãking sheet ãnd bãke for 15-20 minutes or until done.

Advertisement